Jan 30, 2013

Going Hard For What Matters

I'm a firm believer in that people only do their best at things they truly enjoy. It is difficult to excel at something you don't enjoy. Think about it, why would you give your all to something (or someone) you aren't passionate about? Doesn't make sense. The energy spent towards meaningless requests could be energy spent going after what's important to you. I'm the kind of person that I put my all into things I'm passionate about. It doesn't mean I won't become weary, it means I need to refuel from time to time so I can keep pushing towards what I want. Everyone is like this, but I make no apologies for being this way. Why would I? I have a passion for something and I will put my all into it. Period. I don't want to have any regrets like some people. I see some people who are on their death beds with a lot of regrets about not focusing on what matters and while I do feel bad for them, I also have to think did they have a clear vision? Were they willing to say no to unnecessary things. Chances are, the answer is no. You have to do what's best for you, even if it means others may not understand your rationale. It's not for others to understand why you focus on important matters. That's called efficiency, focusing on what counts. I feel if people focused more on what matters than trivial things, they would get further in life. Look at the most successful people, they got where they are because they focused on what mattered (and still do). They didn't waste time on trivial pursuits, they had a clear focus of what they wanted to accomplish and went hard for what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Message

When your life starts coming together, keep your mouth shut.