Jan 31, 2013

Deflection-Pt. 2

One thing I detest is deflection. Deflection seeks to take the focus off that which needs to be fixed. Deflection wants to blame everyone but the perpetrator (points to self). It's his/her fault, they didn't do this, they didn't do that, etc. Deflection shifts focus from the real issues; it often looks for an OUT, it tries to change the subject especially when there's no real substance or merit behind a position one might take. It usually takes the ""NOT ALL OF US ARE THIS WAY TONE"".....""ITS JUST THE TYPES YOUR AROUND RHETORIC"".....""THEY HATE THEMSELVES AND THEIR MOMS" RHETORIC"". This is the big one: IT ALSO SEEMS TO WANT TO ATTACK ONES CHARACTER AND SEXUALITY....""HE CONFUSED....HE GAY". It's comical to me because with all that deflection, people make someone's case every single time. I understand truth is not easy for some people to take because they're not used to it. They get around people who powder their butts instead of telling them what they need to hear. When I was coming up, my parents didn't hold back on me. They told me straight up what I needed to hear and I can respect that. It kept me from getting jammed up. I would think some people respect honesty but with deflection being an epidemic, I can't tell. Sometimes I want to be told what I want to hear, but that doesn't mean I'll get it. Most people care enough about someone to tell them the real, which it may hurt for a moment but in the long run, will keep them from destruction. I'll take the cold, hard truth any day of the week; but that's just me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Message

When your life starts coming together, keep your mouth shut.