Jan 6, 2012

Dreams Don't Work, You Do

It's one thing to have a dream, it's another to put that dream into action. A vision is the 1st step in being successful. It shows a burning desire to see something come to pass in your life. In order to accomplish your dreams, you have to get off your butt and make it happen. Nothing in life is handed to you. So if nothing in life is handed to you, why do people talk all this rah-rah about how they're going to do this, that and the third and don't make any moves towards accomplishing their goals? People think success is going to fall in their laps. If that was the case, all of us would be successful. God has blessed me with a hustler mindset and right now, I've taken that ball and am running with it. You can run with me or get ran over, period. Setting up this blog website was a big step of faith because as stated before, I used to write blogs everyday for years on MySpace and when I left MySpace to join FB, blogging fell by the wayside. Now that I've picked up blogging again, I have a boatload of material to work with. Much of my blogs will be written from my perspective: stuff I've seen & been through, stuff my loved ones have seen or been through, etc. Writing has been a talent of mine for a while and with my vision, I'm looking to make big money as a writer someday, while having a successful career in the business world. I said all that to say this: If you want a better life, you have to make it happen by any means necessary (within reason, of course). Success is yours, go out and get it. That's what I intend to do.

2 comments:

  1. You are right! Nothing comes to those who just sit and wait. Having the vision, planing your steps, and working toward that goal will get you there. Oftentimes, a series of small goals leads to the big one being accomplished. You also have to remain watchful for those opportunities that can help you reach you dream faster. The people with whom you associate can also help or hinder you. We all need that encourager who is there for the tough love pep talk or the person with the soothing words at the right time. All of this in combination can help our dreams come true. But as you mentioned, that burning desire will be the main ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If necessary, you may have to cut some of your friends & associates loose that want to keep you in mediocrity with them. Those who have contented themselves to mediocrity will not relate to someone who has ambition, and why would they? They're content at their current level. Opportunities are a very crucial component because without opportunities, you are grinding for nothing. What successful person you know that has made it without a series of breaks? Any opportunity that presents itself which will help me reach my destination faster, I'm all for it. Besides, we have a short time in this world so it's important to make the most of each day. I want to leave this world having accomplished all that I set out to do; but most importantly accomplish all that is within my skill set.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Message

When your life starts coming together, keep your mouth shut.