Jan 4, 2012

Content With Mediocrity

My contentment level is different than most people's. For me, contentment comes from having achieved all I set out to accomplish. Many others would share this contentment level. Mediocrity should never be an option for ANYONE, it's definitely not an option for me and why should it be? Why should I or anyone settle for less than what they deserve or are capable of? "It's better than nothing" No, if it's not what I want then I will hold out until I get what I want, even if it may take a little longer. That's the problem I have with many people, a lot of people are content with mediocrity and that's sad. These same people are jealous of your ambition because unlike them, you want to get all life has to offer. You have the "come hell or high water, I will make it" mentality. I equate being content with mediocrity as being lazy; you do just the bare minimum and say "that's enough". There are times where the bare minimum will suffice and there are times where you have to go above and beyond. You never know how much you have in you until you are pushed/stretched to and beyond your limit. People that live life to the fullest end up with fewer regrets because they came, saw and conquered. People that are content with mediocrity are regretful because they didn't take risks; they were scared to step out on faith because of the risk of failure. I've been developing the mindset that mediocrity is not an option, success is my only choice. I distance myself from mediocre folks not because I'm too good for them, but because I don't want anyone holding me back from going after all I want in life.

2 comments:

  1. Mediocrity is just about your goals or friends either like you mentioned. It encompasses almost everything in our lives. Friends are a very important component. These are the people that we deal with most often and those to whom we tell our dreams, desires, and wants. If they can't envision a better life with aspirations for themselves, they aren't in a position to encourage you to do your very best. They can't slap you on the back when they see you slipping. Everyone in the circle has to be on that onward and upward kick or why are they there except to remind you what not to be? The ones who subscribe to mediocrity have a purpose too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoken with true candor and intelligence. Also, those who subscribe to mediocrity will try to pull you down because they equate ambition as greed. Just because you (speaking in general terms) don't want better for yourself, don't hold someone else back. You're right, the ones who subscribe to mediocrity serve a purpose...to let you know what NOT to be.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Message

When your life starts coming together, keep your mouth shut.