May 7, 2023

Transparency Post: Holding Back

When I posted this on FB, I got positive reactions & responses. I normally don’t get personal on social media, but if my content helps others…forget what others think.🤷🏾‍♂️

 #TransparencyPost: Not long after my dad passed, I was walking my dog around my neighborhood when a neighbor on the next street asked about him. I told her he passed, and she was about to cry🥹. I WANTED to tell her to cut the crap because she had EVERY opportunity to check on my father, and didn’t. The reason I held back is I didn’t know her situation (she could’ve been going through something herself), and two, I wasn’t raised to disrespect my elders. Sometimes, we think we have a reason to check folks, but if we take a step back…we’ll find that maybe the person couldn’t be there like they wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Message

When your life starts coming together, keep your mouth shut.