Feb 19, 2015

Mixed Up In Mess


Sometimes I wonder if these Strawberry Letters are for shock value because I think to myself "No one can be this screwed up". Then I realize these are regular people with real problems. At the same time, many of these problems have common sense solutions, such as leaving a cheating (wo)man. Do you really need Steve's insight as to whether you should leave a cheating (wo)man? I mean really, the answers are in many of these Strawberry Letters. This letter here is a special mess. The husband slept with his stepbrother, and she slept with her husband's stepfather and had his baby. I guess they give new meaning to "All In The Family." It's like this: She has no reason to be in her feelings because her stepfather in law wants nothing to do with her. At least he feels guilty even though he can't erase what he did. When you feel guilty about wrongdoing, the best course of action is severing all ties & that's what the father in law did. I don't expect the wife to feel guilty because she has no discretion about herself sexually or morally. If she slept with her husband's stepfather, there's no telling what other men in the family she's willing to sleep with because she felt "lonely." To be honest, I can't come down on the husband and wife because both have done each other wrong. One slept with his stepbrother, and the other slept with her husband's father in law and had his baby. It's all one big mess to me, and I'd like an update on this story. I will say this: If they're entertaining counseling, they might as well forget it because mess of this magnitude probably can't be fixed. To me, there are some offenses that are abominations, and sleeping with someone in your family is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Message

When your life starts coming together, keep your mouth shut.