Feb 19, 2013

Bobby Womack - "If You Think You're Lonely Now"


 
"If y'all don't mind I'd like to talk about this woman of mine
She's always complaining ‘bout me never being at home
But when I'm there broke
She's telling' me about the things that her girlfriends' got
What she ain't got, and she wants me to go out and get ‘em for her
But, but girl, I can't be in two places at one time"
 
Nojma Reflects: Sisters, if we think we are lonely now, what will we do when the Brothers get TIRED of us always telling them about their faults and flaws. There is a growing consensus among the Brothers, and they are TIRED of us telling them about their destructive behavior, while REFUSING to acknowledge our OWN destructive behavior. We talk about Black Men exercising other "options" but what we never talk about is WHY they are exercising other options and for SOME, why we are no longer an option for them.
 
My View: What he is saying is that his woman is more concerned about keeping up with other women and making a good impression than she is about her man who is working overtime to give her the life she said she wanted. So she feels lonely because he's not there but he feels neglected and tired of her nagging. So if you think you're lonely because I'm out working wait until I'm gone! A man will only tolerate so much from his woman until he plays this song for her.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Message

When your life starts coming together, keep your mouth shut.