Jan 22, 2013

Speaking The Truth

Real Christians know they will be persecuted for speaking the truth. The Bible gives several instances where God's disciples faced persecution for standing up for righteousness. As God's Child, his people are called to stand for righteousness even if it means they will be called intolerant or lose popularity. If you are a friend of the world, you are an enemy of God because your loyalties are split between trying to please God and man. You can't please God and man because both will give contradictory demands. Christians have to decide who's more important: God, or the world. If a Christian is trying to please God, (s)he is called to uphold godly principles regardless of cost. That's the problem, some Christians are trying to fit in with the world because they are afraid of being unpopular. Get them behind closed doors and they talk a big game about standing for what's right, but when their beliefs are put to the test, they tuck tail and run because they can't take that opposition. While I want to be liked, I want to be liked for the right reasons but I'm aware that not everyone will like me and that's ok. It's a blessing some people don't like me because like the adage goes, "You are the company you keep". What does it profit if a man gains the world and loses his soul? It's easier said than done, but I'm encouraged when I'm persecuted for speaking truth because that lets me know I'm doing something right; I'm making devils uncomfortable. I care nothing about who's slighted! That's a mark of a great leader, someone who sticks to their guns even in the face of opposition. If Martin Luther King, Marcus Garvey, Barack Obama and other influential leaders cowered in opposition, this nation wouldn't be where it is today. Sometimes, you will lose popularity but if so, oh well. The right people will remain in your corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Message

When your life starts coming together, keep your mouth shut.