Mar 22, 2012

Black Stereotype

It comes as no surprise that blacks are stereotyped. Whether it's right or wrong remains to be seen. Stereotypes are never ok under any circumstances because usually you're dead wrong when you find out the person is nothing like you portrayed. When you live up to the stereotype, you're giving people a reason to say "I told you they don't have any sense". Everything is not a black and white issue! For example; If 20 of you fools are dressed in all black, in the mall disturbing others from having a nice shopping experience then guess what? THE COPS HAVE A RIGHT TO ARREST YOU FOR DISTURBING THE PEACE! It doesn't matter if you grew up in the hood! That doesn't give you the right to act a fool! Personally, I don't want to hear or see it! If you're doing drops and your flaunting your cash as quickly as you get it and you're bragging about it with your youtube videos..then guess what? YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO BE ARRESTED! Please stop thinking that the world owes you something! If you don't want to be stereotyped, then stop acting like the stereotype! I feel sorry for this generation! Stop being so ratchet and put something in your BRAIN!.STOP ALL THIS SENSELESS GUN VIOLENCE! Why fight every time you're in public? What are you proving? NOTHING! WHAT YOU'RE BASICALLY SAYING IS "I TOLD YOU THEY DON'T HAVE SENSE!". I'm so happy that my parents raised me not to be RATCHET! Read a book or get an education! But most importantly: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW SOCIETY AND LAW ENFORCEMENT IS TREATING YOU IF YOU'RE ACTING LIKE THE STEREOTYPE! That's why I don't oblige to the stereotype. That's why I only hang around people (black especially) that want or have the desire to do better. It doesn't matter where you come from, its where you're going that matters. Everything is not a white and black issue, but some things are.

3 comments:

  1. Sadly though, stereotype or not, your complexion is paramount in the shallow minds of many. I remember I had moved back to Alabama, got a little car and I was just out and about. I saw that Dillard's needed a jewelry salesperson so I went to get an application. I was decently dressed. I had on a v neck, cream colored top, brown pants, and cream colored shoes. My hair and makeup was done since I never leave home looking a mess. I was standing behind a white lady that was also interested and was picking up an application. The current salesperson was telling her about the job requirements so I was listening. When she left and I got to the counter, her smile turned upside down. I asked for an application and she gave it to me. Once I got outside the store, I threw the app away and decide that it was their loss. My friendly, knowledgeable, non pressure sales tactics would have yielded great sales but they didn't deserve me. I was 18 or 19 at the time and that still affects me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you went through that Sharen. Yes, it was definitely their loss. You would think that being 2012, people would grow up but sadly there are folks that are very prejudice. It comes from the home.

      Delete
  2. You have no idea. Even back then I know about gem cuts and how to promote. I love jewelry and that love would have shone. That is what attracts customers. There is always an occasion to buy jewelry. Weddings, engagements, graduations, sweet 16, promotions, new job, Christmas, birthdays, cause I love you, birth of a baby, new house, anniversary, etc. They will never know me.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Message

When your life starts coming together, keep your mouth shut.