Feb 3, 2012

Tax Season

Tax season is upon us yet again; the time of year where people file their taxes & act a fool with that refund check. I get my taxes done for free at the community center and I get a hefty amount back every year. Unlike some people, my refund goes straight to my account because I never know when I'll get in a bind and there's nothing worse than needing money and not having it. It seems like you can get money for just about any & everything: claiming your children, someone else's kid, tithing to your church, student loan interest, etc. What baffles me is the new hustle some parents have going on: They don't do anything for their children all year but when tax season rolls around, they claim their child(ren). I enjoy getting money back on my taxes because I pay so much in taxes that a refund is like a reward. If you get your taxes done just right, you won't owe money or get a refund.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. I'm getting mine done tonight and I have it allocated. Kids summer camp, pay up a few insurance policies for the year, new tires for the ride, etc. Let's not forget the savings account first. For many its a time to come up so to speak. I know it is for me. After the money has been placed where it needs to be, I breathe many sighs of relief and happiness. Sure I blow some after all has been taken care of. I may take my dad or sister out to dinner again or have a day with my bestie. I do hope that more people will strive to save and handle business with the money instead of blowing it all and then end up needy the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're one of the smart ones. You know some of these folks are so stupid that they'll ball first, then struggle for the rest of the year. Hey, if they want to be stupid with their money, that's on them. I'll stack up and when I want to splurge (after all has been taken care of first), I can do that in peace. I'll take out $100 for myself and put the rest away in my savings account to keep it high.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Message

When your life starts coming together, keep your mouth shut.