Jan 20, 2012

Family Reunions

Family reunions have been in existence for as long as I can remember. Family gets together once a year to find out the happenings and enjoy good food and fun. Some of the greatest memories are from family reunions because you never know when your time is up so it's important to make an effort to spend time with your loved ones. I've been going to family reunions for years; they were fun when I was little but now, I've outgrown them (yes I said it). I love my family but I see them at various points in the year. The best family reunion I went to was Daytona Beach when I was little. Went to the Boardwalk on the beach and had fun all night. My favorite family reunions are in Tyler Perry movies because all the characters look like they have fun being together. Good food & fun, old school music playing...you can't beat that.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder; I need to pay my family reunion fee. I love them! I have quite a bit of family members who don't live here. We are FB friends but I like to get and give my hug. I will never outgrow seeing my little cousins and forming bonds with cousins that I didn't grow up with or see often as a child. I think what I like the most about family reunions is having all those people around me and I can see our family features. I see their beauty, inside and out and I feel so much pride to have some from these people. We share so many features and aspirations. I feel grateful and appreciative and very loved. I may not even know many of the ones their but they are mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think many of us know our ENTIRE family. We have so many aunts, uncles and cousins that it's hard to keep track of who's up to what. That's what family reunions are for, the entire family to get together and play catch up.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Message

When your life starts coming together, keep your mouth shut.